SEARCH AND RECOVERY DIVER
The next time someone loses an item underwater, you can be the hero that finds the missing object.
In the Search and Recovery course, you’ll learn how to find lost objects underwater. You’ll practice different types of underwater search patterns and learn how to use a lift bag as you plan and execute mock search operations.
Finding items underwater is both challenging and rewarding. You need to know how to gather information, organize a search and choose an effective underwater search pattern. Your Instructor will give you practice scenarios to build and hone your skills.
- (Junior) Open Water Diver (or qualifying entry-level certification) with Underwater Navigator Specialty
- or Advance Open Water Diver, minimum 12 years of age
What Will You Learn
- Find things underwater
- Use a lift bag
- Plan a search operation
The SCUBA Gear You’ll Use
- Standard set of SCUBA gear including dive computer
- A lift bag
The Learning Materials You’ll Need
The Search and Recovery Diver course is an eLearning course to complete conveniently online from anywhere. After signing up, we’ll send you a link to access your learning materials.
The eLearning time commitment is 2-4 hours for this course.
The price for the full SDI Search and Recovery Diver course is
- eLearning materials
- Athens Scuba dive professional
- Lifetime digital certification card
- Standard set of rental SCUBA gear
- Dive computer
- PADI (instead of SDI) certification is $75 extra