Lake Jocassee is a stunning lake and surely one of the most beautiful lakes in the south.
Lake Jocassee is located in South Carolina’s pristine mountain environment only 1 hour and 40 minutes northeast of Athens, GA.
Lake Jocassee has crystal clear water and incredible depths making it a perfect environment for SCUBA diving. Jocassee offers many interesting dive sites that can be reached by boat or from shore. It’s easy to see why divers come from all around the southeast to dive this fantastic lake. It is rated one of the top 25 freshwater dive sites in the world.
Athens Scuba offers all its dives at Lake Jocassee in cooperation with Jocassee Adventures from their three, comfortable, custom dive boats.
Jocassee Adventures is the longest running charter service on Lake Jocassee. With over 33 years of experience, they know Jocassee and all her moods like no one else. The staff makes sure you have a safe, fun and comfortable SCUBA adventure. All three boats are covered protecting divers from the sun or the rain. They are the perfect choice for a day on the water.
Athens Scuba customizes its Lake Jocassee charters to meet our diver’s needs and to help make a dive experience to remember for a lifetime.
Contact Athens Scuba if you are interested in joining us for some fun dives or charters on magical Lake Jocassee.
These are the dive boats serving lakes Jocassee (summer) and Keowee (winter)
Scuba 1 is a 32 ft, custom dive boat with room (including gear storage) for eight divers. Scuba 1 offers a day of fun in the sun for a group at Lakes Jocassee and Keowee, two of the best lakes in upstate South Carolina.
Scuba 2 is set up for more personal diving with room for only six divers. It has all the features of Scuba 1 with the benefit of a more personal experience.
Scuba 3 is a fast 26 ft dive boat that can carry up to six divers and gear. All our boats are diver friendly and will make your day on the lake fun and safe.
ake fun and safe.
- Each boat will have Divemasters as crew that will help you with all your diving needs, and guide you in the water or just help with suiting up and getting on and off the boat.
- Drinks are on board all boats free of charge to passengers.
- We have easy exit and entry on the boats with first aid and O2 if needed.
All boat trips are 2 tank dives and include weights and the tankfills
9 am – 12:30 pm, 1st charter, 2 dives
3 pm – 6:30 pm, 2nd charter, 2 dives
8pm – …, night dive, only offered on select dive weekends
11 am – 3:00 pm, charter, 2 dives
- At least 72 hour cancellation required for refund of charters
- At least 24 hours notice required (within store hours) for cancellation of boat charters and can reschedule at later date only
- Less than 24 hours of cancellation “No Refund”