The thought of dipping below the surface at night seems mysterious, yet so alluring. Although you’ve been SCUBA diving at a site many times, at night you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light. The scene changes as day creatures retire and nocturnal organisms emerge. If you’ve wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down, sign up for the Night Diver Specialty course.
- (Junior) Open Water Diver (or qualifying entry-level certification)
What Will You Learn
- Avoid getting lost in the dark
- See familiar dives sites in a new light
- Navigate underwater at night
- Make ascents and descents in the dark
- Use your dive light for communication
The SCUBA Gear You’ll Use
- Standard set of SCUBA gear including dive computer
- Under water dive flashlight
The Learning Materials You’ll Need
The Night Diver course is an eLearning course to complete conveniently online from anywhere. After signing up, we’ll send you a link to access your learning materials.
The eLearning time commitment is 2-4 hours for this course.
The price for the full SDI Night Diver course is
- eLearning materials
- Athens Scuba dive professional
- Lifetime digital certification card
- Standard set of rental SCUBA gear
- Dive computer
- Underwater dive flashlight
- PADI (instead of SDI) certification is $75 extra