Diving in a current can feel like flying underwater. In the PADI® Drift Diver course, you’ll learn drift diving tips from an experienced instructor and practice buoyancy control, navigation, use of surface signaling equipment and buddy communication.
Scuba diving in a current can be both relaxing and exhilarating. You may slowly glide over a reef, or zoom over an underwater landscape so fast it feels like flying. By the end of your drift diver course, you’ll have the skills you need to confidently go with the flow.
- PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or qualifying entry-level certification)
What Will You Learn
- Use surface signaling equipment
- Stay close to your buddy
- Make entries and descents in a current
The Scuba Gear You’ll Use
- Standard set of scuba gear including dive computer plus surface signaling equipment
The Learning Materials You’ll Need
The PADI Drift Diver course is an eLearning course to complete conveniently online from anywhere. After signing up, we’ll send you a link to obtain your learning materials.
The eLearning time commitment is 2-4 hours for this course.
The price for the full PADI Drift Diver course is
- PADI eLearning materials
- Athens Scuba PADI professional
- Standard set of rental scuba gear
- Dive computer
- Surface signaling equipment