The PADI Rescue Diver Course
“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve already learned, this course expands your foundation of knowledge and teaches you how to prevent problems and how to manage them if they occur.
The PADI Rescue Diver course teaches you the techniques to avoid and manage problems, improving your confidence as a diver. During the course, you’ll become a better buddy by enhancing your ability to identify potential problems and by practicing dive emergency protocols. The subject is serious, but the training is fun – many divers tell us the PADI Rescue Diver course is their favorite!
What You’ll Learn
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
The Scuba Gear You’ll Use
You use all your basic scuba gear including a dive computer and accessories.
The Learning Materials You’ll Need
The PADI Rescue Diver crewpak includes materials to complete the PADI Rescue Diver course. You’ll learn how to think like a rescue diver and preview the skills that you’ll practice with your PADI Instructor. Once your Rescue Diver course is complete, you can review the DVD to refresh your dive safety skills as needed. This tool box of knowledge will give you the expertise to handle almost any emergency situation.
To Enroll In THe PADI Rescue Diver Course, You Must Be
- 12 years or older
- Have a PADI Adventure Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be trained and current in First Aid and CPR within the previous two years.
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact Athens Scuba.
Pricing for the full PADI Rescue Diver
Included in The Rescue Diver Class
- PADI eLearning materials
- Dive training at Lake Jocassee (two boat charters)
- Lifetime PADI certification card (sent via mail from PADI)
- State of the art rental dive gear
- Transportation to the pool or the lake
- Accommodations at the lake
- State park fee of $5 per day, payable at the scuba shop at the lake