DIVER PROPULSION VEHICLE (DPV)
SCUBA diving with a DPV is some of the most fun you can have underwater. During the Diver Propulsion Vehicle course, you’ll be surprised how much you can see on one tank of air. Your instructor will show you different maneuvers and answer any questions you have.
If SCUBA diving is like taking a scenic stroll around a park, a Diver Propulsion Vehicle (DPV) is like exploring a neighborhood on an (electric) bicycle.
DPVs, also called underwater scooters, allow you to see more, conserve air and get from one place to another faster – with a huge smile on your face.
You’ll see more in less time, minimize long swims, learn about different types of DPVs and try something incredibly fun.
What Will You Learn
- Handle a DPV (including smooth and sharp turns)
- Manage your depth
- Avoid problems
The SCUBA Gear You’ll Use
- Standard SCUBA gear including dive computer plus the under water scooter (DPV)
The Learning Materials You’ll Need
The DPV course is an eLearning course to complete conveniently online from anywhere. After signing up, we’ll send you a link to obtain your learning materials.
The price for the full SDI DPV course is
- eLearning materials
- Two boat dives at Lake Jocassee with the actual scooter (DPV)
- Tanks and weights
- Lifetime digital certification card
- Standard set of rental SCUBA gear
- Dive computer
- Transportation to lake
- PADI (instead of SDI) certification is $75 more