ENRICHED AIR DIVER (NITROX)
This is the by far most popular PADI specialty course and it’s easy to see why.
Enriched Air, also known as “nitrox”, is a form of breathing gas that allows divers to extend bottom time and reduce nitrogen loading. PADI Enriched Air Diver can be completed in as little as an afternoon. After completing your knowledge development, you’ll apply what you’ve learned by practicing procedures for obtaining and analyzing enriched air with your Athens Scuba PADI Instructor. You also have the option of completing two open water enriched air dives. This certification counts towards the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
What Will You Learn
You’ll learn why diving with air that has higher oxygen and lower nitrogen content gives you more bottom time, along with enriched air equipment considerations. During a practical session, and two optional (or required) scuba dives, you’ll:
- Discuss managing oxygen exposure.
- Practice analyzing oxygen content in your scuba tank.
- Set your dive computer for diving with enriched air nitrox.
The Scuba Gear You’ll Use
This is a theory only course. If you choose the option with two Enriched Air dives at Lake Jocassee, you’ll use all your basic scuba gear including a dive computer and accessories.
The Learning Materials You’ll Need
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is an eLearning course to complete conveniently online from anywhere. After signing up, we’ll send you a link to obtain your learning materials.
To Enroll In The PADI Enriched Air Diver Course, You Must Be
- 12 years or older
- Have a PADI Open Water Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact Athens Scuba.
The Full PADI Enriched Air Diver
Including 2 Enriched Air dives at lake Jocassee
Included in The Rescue Diver class
- PADI eLearning materials
- Lifetime PADI certification card (sent via mail from PADI)
- Athens Scuba Instructor to teach you how to analyze an Enriched Air tank and change your dive computer into the right setting