The Florida Springs (Winter) Package
This package is the way to earn your PADI Open Water certificate, with Athens Scuba, in the cold winter month and very similar to the Classic (City) package. This is a 4 day course.
By following the three steps of PADI education, you’ll learn everything that is required to becoming a certified PADI Open Water Diver.
After signing up for the course with Athens Scuba, we’ll send you an email with all the necessary information as well as a link to the PADI website with your personal login to the eLearning materials. From here, you’ll be able to access your eLearning materials anywhere, on your own schedule.
Once you’ve completed the Knowledge Development, we’ll start working on skill development in the Confined Water sessions. We’ll meet twice at the Georgia Aquatic Center to work on all required skills for the PADI Open Water Diver certification. Each time we’ll meet for about 3 hours. This will give us plenty of time to develop your skills to get you ready for taking the next step.
After completing your skill training, we’ll be going to the the Florida Springs close to Gainesville, FL, to do three dives on Saturday and one dives on Sunday morning during the same weekend.
We’ll meet Friday night at the BlueGrotto Dive resort, where we’ll spend the weekend in custom build diver cabins. Each cabin has a different setup, private bathroom and houses 2 people comfortable. We’ll dive Blue Grotto on Saturday morning, Rainbow River Saturday afternoon and one more dive in Blue Grotto Saturday afternoon. On Sunday morning we’ll pack up and leave Blue Grotto to go on a very short drive over to Devils Den, where we’ll do dive number 4, to complete the PADI Open Water Diver certification.
The Full PADI Open Water Diver Course in the Florida Springs (Winter) Package
Included in The Classic (City) Package
- PADI eLearning materials
- Skill training in confined water at the Georgia Aquatic Center
- 4 Open Water checkout dives in the Florida Springs
- Accommodations at Blue Grotto Dive resort for 2 nights
- All dive-related fees throughout the weekend
- Lifetime PADI certification card (sent via mail from PADI)
- State of the art rental dive gear (except of dive computer)
- PADI training logbook
- Transportation to the pool or the lake
- State park fee of $8 per day, payable in cash at the scuba shop at the lake
- Rent of dive computer if needed